Thursday, September 8, 2011

We. like. to. parteee...

This is Ginger. She is my sister-in-law. She is effortlessly adorable (all my sisters/ sister-in-laws are). She's having a baby. This gives us a reason to party. I love any reason to party. So... we had a baby shower. It rocked.





This is Whitney (far left), Lindsey, and Jamie. These are all members of the family on CW's side. Whitney was in charge of the games, and she did a superb job. They were creative and fun. At the beginning of the shower, she gave everyone ice cubes with little rubber babies frozen inside and whoever had their baby melt out of the ice cube first had to scream out, "My water broke!" *hahaha* The first one to win was CW's 14 yr. old cousin Kenidee. It was a riot!

Now for the food! I made these little labels, and had no motivation to use them when the time came for it, but thanks to Mo (Morgan CW's youngest sister) they made it to the party.

Did you see those cupcakes!!? Just take another look. My sister Erin made these. They are the experience of heaven in one bite. Here we have actual food for the soul -a potential cure for cancer-, and as Aubrey (my oldest sister) would say, "SO GOOD! You could use them for currency!"

Oh, and I made the pinwheels as toppers for the cupcakes. Very, very easy to make.


From left: Kylee #2 (the newly-wed), Dannika #3 (the goof ball giving her soon-to-be nephew a high-five; and Basketball star), Ginger #1 (almost 9 months along), Morgan #4 (aka Mo-money: volleyball star), and Marsha -Cody's Mom (aka super woman --right up there with my Mom, Erin, Aubrey, and Racquel). Cody (CW) has four little sisters. The numbers indicate order of the sisters, oldest to youngest.

Then they decided to throw me in the picture (to add some chocolate color to all that blonde), along with Grandma Larsen, CW's last remaining grandparent; as well as, one of the best people I know.
And... *drum-roll please* The Three Stooges! -Me, Aubrey, Erin- You couldn't find better friends anywhere. The little half-pint in the pink is Madeleine (Aubrey's oldest) --she can't take her eyes off those cupcakes.
I don't blame her. Just look at 'em!!

P.S. I have Erin's exceptional photography skills to thank for these pictures! She captured everything perfectly.





1 comment:

  1. I want more of those choco-chews. They were delish. That was a fun baby shower. You did a good job with it. And your photographer was amazing!

    ReplyDelete